Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another Great Reading Week

It seems that the Bout of Books read-a-thon kick started a month of reading. So far this month I have read 14 books and 2 novellas. This is great considering my Goodreads goal is 125 books.

This week I finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I enjoyed the book, but like Divergent more. Divergent was a little more action packed I think. Insurgent was filled with a lot more exposition. Not that exposition is bad, but going from Divergent straight into the sequel definitely made the difference more pronounced.

Next, I read I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler. My cousin Mary recommended this book, and I did enjoy it, but not as much as some of my other reads this month. While reading that, I was listening to Crash by Lisa McMann. I really enjoyed reading her previous series, and I wanted to check this one out. I'm so glad that my library had the audiobook.

My next two books I purchased because they were really cheap Kindle Deals. The first, Falling for Her Fiance by Cindi Madsen. was only .99. How could I pass that up? It was a quick read, and also a good way to clear my mind of the cancer portion of I'm Not Her. Finally, I snatched up Rule by Jay Crownover. I have seen this pop up on other book blogs, so I decided to give it a shot. I enjoyed it a great deal....even if I'm not into all the body piercing involved.

Finally, I started reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Unfortunately, I've been a bit spoiled about the ending, but hopefully not too much. I'm almost halfway through with the book, and since tomorrow is a holiday I hope to finish it up.

I hope everyone else had a great reading week!

4 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment