Thursday, March 22, 2012

Why a book blog?

I am a reader. For as long as I can remember I have loved to read. One of my earliest school memories is of my kindergarten self getting very irate that someone else had gotten the new Clifford The Big Red Dog book before me. I was heartbroken, but the school librarian managed to make it better with another book recommendation and a promise to hold the Clifford book for me when it came back to the library.

My love of reading has followed me throughout my life. I've shared that love with my younger cousins, and hopefully my students as well. I can't remember a time where I have put off reading. I've never gone more than a month without picking up something to read. Reading is like breathing to me, if I don't do it I feel like I'm not being true to myself.

What do I read? Well, I am a firm believer in read whatever you enjoy. I read from all types of genres: Historical, Biography, Young Adult, Elementary/Middle Grades (I teach), New York Times Bestsellers, and those Fluff books that are everyone's guilty pleasure. I don't constrict my reading choices. I leave myself open to all kinds of reading experiences. As you will soon see from the books that I list on my blog. I don't know if this blog will have a single follower, but if not that is okay. It will be an awesome way to track my own reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment