Friday, March 23, 2012

The Lucky One





   I've been a fan of Nicholas Sparks, but I have taken a break from him the last few years. Yes, I'm admitting it. I gave myself a Spaks-Intervention. Why? It's simple really, as good as his books are, you almost always cry at the end and ask yourself why you would willingly put yourself through the wringer. Can I just say The Notebook, Message In A BottleA Walk To Remember, and Nights in Rodanthe? At the same time though, I like how realistic he is with his writing. More often than not the boy doesn't get the girl, they don't live happily ever after, and everything doesn't come up roses. So, with book in hand, I picked up a box of tissues and prepared to be slayed. While this book didn't require the tissue count of A Walk to Remember or Message in a Bottle, it still was well-written and extremely enjoyable. I won't give too much away, but I loved the character of Thibault - the strong, silent type who walked across the country to meet the young woman whose picture he had carried with him, and considered a good luck charm, during his time in the military overseas. If you have enjoyed any of Spark's previous works, you will enjoy this book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment