Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

 

   I'm am on reading fire! LOL! I looked back at the previous 10 days and realized that I have read a ridiculous amount of books. Maybe it's because it's getting close to summer and I will have more time to devote to reading. Or, it could also be because I've been away from it too long...like a dieter avoiding sweets, then inhaling an entire bag of cookies when she finally breaks down and tries to eats just one. No matter the reason, I'm glad I've had this time to read. Reading always help me relax.
  What can I say about The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks? Like all of his previous works, this one is set in a small southern town. The two main characters Denise and Taylor, are far from perfect. Each one has made mistakes that have impacted where they are in their lives at the current time. However, Denise is all about working to learn from and recognizing her mistakes. Taylor, on the other hand, had yet to deal with some of his darker demons. As Denise and Taylor grow closer, Taylor's secrets come back to haunt him.
   Nicholas Sparks once again proves that some of the best love stories are the ones that aren't flawless. His books fill one with all kinds of emotions...happiness, sadness, regret, and relief. Make sure to read the Author's Note at the end of this novel....oh, and make sure you have a few tissues for that.

Kimmie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment