Sunday, May 4, 2014

Life gets in the way....

I haven't blogged too much lately. Right after my last post, my uncle called to inform me that he had liver cancer. A little over a month later, the cancer won and we lost my Uncle. He was only 59. So, needless to say, I wasn't in the blogging mood. My Uncle wasn't one to get mired down in depression, so I finally got myself together a week and half ago.

I haven't read too much since that time. Just couldn't concentrate on anything I suppose. However,  I am slowly getting myself out of this reading slump.

Since my last post, the last of my birthday presents from my Sweetie arrived. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan, so I was shocked when he gave me the complete New Jedi Order book series. Since my last post, I have read the following from that series: Vector Prime, Dark Tide I: Onslaught, and Dark Tide II: Ruin.  So far, I am really enjoying these books.

I have also read quite a few books that are now on my classroom library shelves. I am trying to collect more nonfiction books for my students. These three were excellent additions. My students and I really enjoyed these.


The last book that I have completed since my last blog post is a book that I read for professional reasons. I am always looking for ways to motivate my students into becoming avid readers. This book was wonderful and full of ideas that I will be implementing in my room next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment