Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bout of Books 10 Reading Updates

 Bout of Books


I am such a slacker for not posting on Bout of Books 10 until today. However, in my defense, it is the end of the school year. That means Field Days, Yearbook Days, this reward party, that reward party, Honor's Day, and entering end of year grades and planning for final conferences. Whew....just glad that I am getting in some reading.


Updates

Monday, 5/12
Books Read Today:
  Completed: The Nazi Invasion, 1944 (Book 9 in the I Survived series) by Lauren Tarshis
This book will be going in my classroom library. My boys love this series, and I always make a point to read any new release.

In-Progress:Hero's Trial (Agents of Chaos 1) by James Luceno ( I had started this book this past weekend with the hopes that I would complete it before Bout of Books began. Once this one is complete, I will attack my B.O.B. 10 TBR pile)

Total Books Read: ~1
Total Pages Read: 166

Tuesday, 5/13
Books Read Today:1
  Completed: Didn't finish one today.
In-Progress: Hero's Trial (Agents of Chaos 1 by James Luceno (I'm 70% finished and hope to complete it tomorrow night.

Total Books Read: 1
Total Pages Read: 232

Wednesday, 5/14
Books Read Today:1
  Completed: Hero's Trial (Agents of Chaos 1 by James Luceno
I've always been a HUGE Star Wars fan, but had only read a handful of the Extended Universe novels. There are so many of them I really didn't know where to start. My Sweetie solved that problem by buying me the entire 19 novel New Jedi Order series for my birthday. This is book four in that series.)

  In-Progress:This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read: 358

Thursday, 5/15
Books Read Today: 0
Total Pages Read: 12 (not a good reading day...LOL)
In Progress: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

I just can't get into this book right now. I don't think it is the book, I honestly just think it is my reading slump rearing its ugly head. May try another book tomorrow.
Total Pages Read: 370

Friday, 5/16
Books Read Today: part of two books
Total pages read today: 130 (much better than yesterday!)
In Progress: The Year of the Book by Andrea Cheng

Reading this one before I add it to my classroom library. So happy that the main character is an American Born Chinese girl. Diversity for the win!!
Total pages read so far: 500

I'm really hoping I can knock out two book on my original TBR pile this weekend. I've really strayed from my original Bout of Books TBR pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment